Which Compote: 2 pots of Clotilde’s Apple & Strawberry Compôte
Ingredients:1 packet of finger biscuits, 2 sheets gelatine, 200g strawberries, 150g mascarpone, 2 eggs, 1 pinch of salt, 50g caster sugar, 20g vanilla sugar, Rum (optional)
- Separate the egg whites from the yolks. Beat the yolks with the sugars until the mixture whitens. Add the mascarpone. Whisk together.
- Whisk the egg whites with salt until stiff. Incorporate them to the previous preparation. Set aside to cool.
- Boil the Apple & Strawberry Compôte. Turn off the heat and add the gelatine which has been previously softened in cold water for 10 minutes and drained. Stir until completely melted. Set aside and let it cool down.
- Wash the strawberries and cut them in half or quarter depending on the size. Keep some for the decoration. Mix the strawberries with the mascarpone mixture. Add the Compôte. Mix gently.
- Line the Charlotte mould (I use a saucepan!) with some white paper or greaseproof paper. Put the finger biscuits at the bottom and around the mould. Pour the strawberry mixture to the top and cover with more biscuits. Put a plate on top and place a weight on it. Refrigerate for 24 hours. Unmould just before serving. Decorate the charlotte with strawberries.
Optional: dip the biscuits in a bowl filled with 1/3 rum and 2/3 water before lining the mould.