Which Compote:Clotilde’s Apple & Pear Compote
Ingredients:350g venison, 1 onion, 200g smoked bacon lardons, 2 tbsp olive oil, 2 tbsp cream, salt & pepper
Marinade: 1 bottle red wine, ½ glass brandy, 1 carrot, 1 leak, 1 shallot, 1 garlic glove, baby leaf, thyme, parsley, 1 tbsp peppercorns.
Cranberry Sauce: 500g cranberries, 250g sugar
- Make the marinade and add the venison cut in pieces. Leave it in the fridge for 24 hours.
- When desired, heat oil in a pan and add the venison. Ensure meat is brown on both sides before adding the onion and bacon lardons and leave to cook for 3 to 4 minutes. Heat the marinade and bring to the boil for a few minutes. Add the marinade to the pan with the venison before adding salt & pepper. Cover and cook over a low heat for 2 hours. If necessary add more wine.
- In the meantime soften the cranberries and add sugar to make cranberry sauce.
- Just before serving add the cream to the stew and serve with Clotilde’s
- Apple & Pear Compote and the cranberry sauce.